Sunday, February 21, 2010

Turning into a recluse

After the 6th or 7th "So, how are you doing now?" from me, I think he got bored and left me alone so that he could go take photos with the new couple. Sigh...so much for being a grown-up who has been working for a few years. I feel bad. My senior from secondary school, whom I have not met for at least 7 years but could still remember my name and still remember me having short and curly hair, was trying to be nice by small talking with me because I was alone. Me, on the other hand, didn't remember his name, didn't know what to talk to him about and couldn't even remember that he was not the one doing medicine. Hmmm...

I don't get it. I used to be able to small-talk and then make friends. Now, I don't small talk, I don't make new friends much and I would rather not go for gatherings with my old friends except for a select few.


Chinese New Year came and is on its way out and guess how many friends I met up with? One. And that is also because it is not awkward for the both of us to visit each other's family alone. Willie actually asked if I had wanted to go for a reunion session one of the evenings but I didn't want to go. What is the point? I asked him. We barely said ten sentences to each other in secondary school, and I doubt that I would have anything to say to them 7 years later and worlds apart. Although surprisingly I made a friend with the fella who sat next to me for a couple of years only after graduating from high school. We did not speak to each other unless very necessary when we sat next to each other. Haha...


I guess I'm just turning old. Uninterested in new people, new things and wasting time with people who are not relevant to my current life. I am also disappointed with a few of my friends who kept saying that they miss me but not make an effort to meet up (you know who you are). Hehehe...hinting strongly already la, you lazy fellas!


And here's a photo of sweet memories. Love you gals a lot!

1 comment:

m_kaur said...

i met u.... but i guess that doesnt count seeing that u were let alone... sorry lah.. but thanks need a friend that time... thanks....love u..!