Wednesday, August 02, 2006

4th week in UM


Phew...this is my fourth week in UM. Still blur but there seemed to be a hundred and one things to do everyday. I haven't had a migraine for months, and it has returned with a vengeance. Of the 7 subjects that I am taking this semester, I have 5 assignments and countless tasks to be handed in within these two weeks. Crazy! On top of that, lending my computer to a friend has given me a computer virus which is impeding me from doing my work. ARGH!! I'm craving for KFC, McDonald's, junk food etc. again. The action of munching on fried, crunchy food always makes my mind calmer. Hehe...
So anyway, tensed (eventhough still clueless about what's happening in Uni) weeks aside, my roomie in MC has moved out on Monday. Well, sort of. She still has some things lying around on the bed and desk. But since all her things on the floor and bathroom has been cleared, I am finally able to clean the room thoroughly.
As I was scrubbing the yellow tiles of the bathroom floor, I can't help but be amazed that a girl can be so FILTHY! Messiness, I can take because I am messy myself. Ask anyone of my ex-housemates, friends or family and they will tell you that I am one of the most cluttered person they have ever known. I can't seem to find my things if they are organized and neat. I also think that messy = cosy. :P Good thing though that I am messy but clean. Well, at least, I know I am cleaner than a lot of people who are neat. But this ex-roomie of mine is messy + dirty! Sheesh...I think she might have tried to clean up because she has all the cleaning tools but had not really kept it up. She must have stopped cleaning the toilet since at least a few months ago. Imagine, I poured detergent on the wall and floor, left it for fifteen minutes and then I scrubbed it for at least another fifteen minutes and they are still yellow. Nope, it's definitely not the original colour of the tiles. Eww...
I do wonder how these people can live like that. I admit that I hate to do household chores but I do have a certain limit of patience/tolerance for filth. I know of people who couldn't be bothered to clean up after themselves, people who could live in a room with an-inch thick of dust, people who would rather leave the garbage to rot in the house than to throw it out. I think many of the people of my generation do this. We have been too pampered by our parents and by the presence of a maid at home.
OK!I'VE HAD IT!! TO HELL WITH THE ASSIGNMENTS WITH THIS STUPID POPOUT ABOUT DETECTING THE VIRUS EVERYTIME I TYPE 2 LETTERS! aM GOING TO BED!

No comments: