Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dreading THE day...


Dear all,
Meet Hunter. I was browsing at my photos and I realised that I have not uploaded this photo from a few months ago. And sad to say, this is the only photo I have of that crazy dog because he wouldn't stop moving/twitching/howling when he saw me. He looks beautiful especially when he is running. Jimmy sometimes gets imaginative and says that it is so touching to see Hunter run towards me from very far away when he hears me call his name (ala long-lost Lassie with its owner)...until Hunter crashes so hard into me and then runs away again. LOL.

I am suddenly saddened by the thought that his mother, Baby, might not be with us for long. I just found out that her brother from the same litter suddenly died 4 days ago. Her health has deteriorated rapidly since the beginning of this year. And as you can see from the photo, she has cataract in one eye. Jimmy and myself noticed that in the past two weeks that she may be almost completely blind now as she bangs her head against our legs and follows us everywhere that way. =(

I really can't bear knowing that she may have to leave me soon. My companion for 12 years. I really wouldn't know what to do if I receive the heart-breaking news. God, please, let her be with us for at least another few years. Or, let her leave the world peacefully without much suffering.

Argh...I don't know! I want her to be with me but it is sad to see that she is no longer herself!  Sigh...how do you deal with this kind of loss, or this kind of dread? My family can't understand my feelings. Of course, they love her (as much as they could love a dog). But to them, a dog is just that...a dog. SIGH...

I love you a lot, Baby. I hope you know that even though there are two other dogs around, I still love you best...

3 comments:

m_kaur said...

be strong...
hope the best for her...
sometimes we just hv to let go of someone even went it hurts us the most... she has a journey of her own.. i guess

cheer up!

Gratitude said...

12 doggies years is a ripe old age. Parting is never easy, especialy for us animal-lovers. Just be comforted by the fact that she has had a good life of being loved.
+Ant+

Alice Law said...

My deepest condolences... it's life, regardless of human or animals! That's something we have to go through... to be born, to live , get sick, and eventually die! Most important is the journey we have been through... and the feeling of being needed by you!:)

Have a pleasant weekend! All the best to your Baby...