Monday, November 01, 2010

He loves me, he loves me not...

Ahhh...the smell of coffee wafting through the air is the best wake-up call for a non-working Monday! Hehe...yup, that's what you can expect, being a teacher/student, so don't be jealous. LOL
___________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, I don't get it with kids these days. They want to grow up fast and they grow up so fast that it scares you. The boyfriend-girlfriend thing in the Year 6 classes is rampant after UPSR. And I am actually surprised that the "smarter" students are especially keen and excited over them. They profess their love and relationship openly on Facebook and in the class. Gosh...I don't know whether to laugh or to shout at them. I mean what's the rush? I hope they are not doing anything else that is not for their age...

Thinking back, my first crush was my best friend in Year One. He's now married to his high-school sweetheart. LOL...yup, we used to play together all the time. Erm...actually, do you even consider that a crush?

I remember my first real crush was on a Indian-Muslim senior when I was in Form 3. Yup, emotionally-late boomer. But I thought it was all right. Of course, I didn't do anything about the crush because I knew nothing would come out of it, and if he had liked me too, I would not go on with a relationship because I knew that studies are more important.

After that, I had a crush on my ICQ friend. And that was when I was in Form Five. I almost started dating him until my mom put a stop to it and that was that. From a young age, I told my dad to match make for me. You know, I always thought that parents know best. And I actually asked my dad for permission to go out on dates and told him the funny things that boys do/talk about when they were courting his youngest daughter. Gosh...I miss those days.

My next huge crush is on my Indian classmate, especially when he was singing and playing the guitar. And I almost had a second date with him until he found out that I was on the verge of going steady with our schoolmate. Shucks... =P

And at the age of 22, I started dating seriously. Yup, I was 22 (not 12!!). My own choice, but after 2 and a half years, we broke up.

Meeting Jimmy at the age of 25, I think my days of crushes and flirting with other guys are over. My dad is happy. His parents are happy. LOL. But, I don't think I'm ready for marriage yet though. Maybe it's because he hasn't asked me properly yet *hint*! Hahaha...


The first time he actually planned for a surprise. 2nd bouquet of flowers after a year plus together (at that time). Hahaha...

4 comments:

mNhL said...

You reminded me of my schooling time too. haha.... those crushes. Those were the days.

Here, wishing you and Jimmy all the best and eternity love.

Psst....enjoy being 'single' at this moment. You won't regret!

Alice Law said...

LOL, I had my puppy lover too, but eventually we didn't get together( although we liked each other very much), perhaps neither of us willing to break the good relationship between both with a confession... now I found it very silly yet memorable!:)

Congratz and am happy for you!:)

Gratitude said...

Wah puppy love post. Sure brought bak many wonderful and silly memories lolz

@mNhL, part of you wanna turn-back the clock to singlehood? ;)
+Ant+

Jiawen said...

Haha...thanks mNhL..yup, I'm treasuring every moment of single-hood yet looking forward to the future too :)

Alice, the good old days should be cherished! :)

+Ant+, share your puppy love stories too? hehe